A lot of us developers jump to conclusion that we can learn Web Programming by jumping into watching videos, taking online courses on HTML, CSS and other popular web platforms. We take a huge step in learning all the technicalities without knowing how the Server Browser Interaction.
As a developer, I had the same problem when I first started learning web development. I read comments, reviews, and suggestions all over the internet and it seems I really have to learn the basics of Web Server Interaction before
So What is a Server?
server browser interaction
The primary function of a web server is to store, process and deliver web pages to clients. The communication between client and server takes place using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP). Pages delivered are most frequently HTML documents, which may include images, style sheets and scripts in addition to text content.
And What is a Browser?
A browser is a tool/application that lets you view your web page contents in a human readable form. And it has also other functionalities such as live code-editing, preview, and other extensions developed by programmers.
How does a browser interacts with server?
- User inputs something in the address bar (e.g: facebook.com)
- User press enter
- The browser will request something on facebook’s server, in this case it is requesting for the facebook.com’s homepage.
- The request sent to the server will be validated to know what the server is going to send back.
- After quick processing, the server will send the files(.html, .css, .php, .etc) needed to display facebook.com’s homepage to the browser.
- The browser interprets the files and codes into a human readable format.
- The browser will now display facebook.com’s homepage.
- Basically that is how the server – browser interacts with each other!
If you have any inquiries or concerns just message us at firstname.lastname@example.org